Omnicare Alliance is a public company limited by guarantee, governed by a Board of Directors.
At an operational level, we're headed up by two joint-Chief Executive Officers and a Chief Financial Officer. Their roles involve developing strategies related to their respective portfolios, reporting those to the board for discussion and approval (and for any amendments deemed appropriate), then implementing the strategies.
- John Carroll is our joint-CEO with responsibility for Brand, Marketing and People.
- Raymond Gouck is our joint-CEO with responsibility for Funding, Compliance and Social Enterprise.
- Greg Thompson, as CFO, reports and oversees the organisation's finances.
Our Board of Directors has been selected by an independent panel according to their skills and experience. Each director is elected for a three-year term, and is eligible to be re-elected twice (i.e. serving a maximum of nine years). Directors receive no remuneration for their roles. The Board comprises:
- Chair - Nik Sandeman Allen
- Deputy Chair - Rob Rodgers
- Directors - Michael Barry, Neil Black, Karen Kennedy and Lyn Murphy
There are two committees - one for Governance (chaired by Neil Black, involving John Carroll and directors), the other for Risk, Audit and Finance (chaired by Karen Kennedy, involving Raymond Gouck, Greg Thompson and directors). These are set up in an advisory capacity, without decision-making powers.
As a not-for-profit organisation, Omnicare is accountable - as per the Corporations Act 2001 - to the ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission) and ASIC (Australia Securities and Investments Commission). An external party conducts an audit annually, verifying that our finances meet legal obligations and we are compliant with regulations.