This is an exciting opportunity to join Omnicare's ever-growing community aged care and disability support teams.
Omnicare is a highly regarded and innovative local community, profit-for-purpose, service provider in NSW Mid North Coast region. The organisation is well known for best practice in community dementia support using The WISER Approach, incorporating Montessori principles. This initiative being introduced across our disability support services.
We’re looking for experienced and dedicated casual support workers that can deliver an exceptional level of care and support to our clients within their homes in the communities of Port Macquarie, Kempsey, Wauchope and Camden Haven.
Omnicare recruits staff that are reliable, with a caring and compassionate nature.
• Certificate III in Individual Support and/or demonstrated experience in this sector
• Current Criminal History Clearance (no more than 3 months old) or willingness to obtain
• Valid Working with Children Check
• Physical capacity to perform manual handling tasks including the safe transfer of clients and equipment e.g. in and out of vehicles
• Competency in Developing Montessori Environments for dementia or a willingness to complete training and competencies within 6 months.
• Current and valid driver's licence and reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance
• Current Senior First Aid Certificate
• A willingness to perform routine tasks which may include domestic assistance
• Ability to work as part of a team and also work independently
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to document appropriately.
• Ability to get along well with others and to take direction
• Mobile smart phone with internet access
• Flexible and caring attitude and adaptable to changing rosters with some evening and weekend availability
To apply, please fill out the form below to download the application kit. When you’ve filled it out, send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, Monday 15 June.