Omnicare is an established not-for-profit organisation supporting people in our communities who are aged or living with dementia or disabilities in the Hastings and Macleay communities. Omnicare has a vision for an inclusive community where we support and empower our clients and carers with innovative client-directed care.
We have a vacancy in our Finance team for a motivated Finance Officer - Payroll, located at our Port Macquarie office.
The Finance Officer – Payroll is responsible for the processing and maintenance of the fortnightly timesheets, updating and filing of employee records and general support to the Senior Finance officer – Payroll and HR. In addition, the role will provide support and advice to the organisation’s management team and support the efficient, effective management of the organisation’s operations from a financial and management perspective.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a genuine commitment to high quality outcomes for clients, carers and the organisation with focus on continuous process improvement encouraged.
To be successful in the position, the candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet each of the essential criteria outlined. This is a fast-paced role which requires a high level of attention to detail.
Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Omnicare offers flexible working conditions to enable work-life balance.
A competitive remuneration package, including salary packaging, is available.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum five years experience in a financial and/or administrative role with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the payroll function and award interpretation.
- Demonstrated high level and competent skills in a payroll accounting system, preferably, but not limited to, Microsoft Navision.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the maintenance of financial and office administration systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good written and verbal communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and accuracy in financial and administrative tasks.
- Good time management skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and to display initiative in relation to continuous improvement.
- Unencumbered drivers licence
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Good understanding of, or the willingness to learn, the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award.
- Good understanding of, or the willingness to learn, the various funding programs and funding body reporting requirements.
- Relevant diploma, certificate or other formal qualification and/or experience appropriate to the position. A willingness to pursue further studies in finance.
Closing date: Sunday, 12 July 2020
To apply for this position please address the selection criteria above and view the Position Description by downloading below to complete your application. Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to email@example.com
Applications that do not address all of the selection criteria will not be considered.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant mandatory pre-employment checks for working with vulnerable people and children.