Kitchen Hands – Forster and Sawtell Meals Service
We currently have 2 positions available for Casual Kitchen Hands based at our Great Lakes Meals Service and Coffs Coast Meals Service.
Our Meal Service is part of Omnicare Alliance which is a highly regarded and innovative local community, not for profit, aged and disability organisation on the Mid North Coast of NSW. We are looking for two dedicated and proactive Kitchen Hands who will work in our Great Lakes branch located in Forster and Coffs Coast Branch in Sawtell.
The successful candidate will be reliable, energetic, flexible and have a caring and compassionate personality, and be willing to work with a wide range of people. You will be involved with client and volunteer liaison on a daily basis.
The work involves food handling working with frozen meals and/or in a freezer room, experience in an aged care residence or organisation would be highly regarded.
It is envisaged that this role will have variable hours approximately 12 hours per week, however availability for additional days/hours to cover staff leave is required. Hours will be Monday to Friday, No evening and no weekend work.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good time management skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team environment.
- High level organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of EEO and WHS principles and working within risk management frameworks.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Closing date: 16 August 2020
To apply for this position please download below and view the Position Description. Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to [email protected]
To be successful in this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet each of the essential criteria outlined.
Omnicare is an EEO employer. Persons with lived experience of disability, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. Omnicare offers flexible working conditions to enable work-life balance.