Omnicare is an established not-for-profit organisation supporting people in our communities who are aged, living with dementia, or with disabilities in the Hastings, Manning and Macleay communities. Omnicare has a vision for an inclusive community where we support and empower our clients and carers with innovative client-directed care.
We have vacancies in our Support Worker Team for casual Support Workers, located across the 3 regions.
The purpose of the Support Worker role is to work as part of a care team to promote and maintain peoples’ independence in their home and community. Under the direction of the Planning Coordinator, the support worker will provide consistent quality services in accordance with the client’s support needs, including transport, personal and domestic services, and contribute to care planning to meet the changing needs of clients.
Our Support Workers deliver service by adhering to the WISER and best practice principles, Aged and Disability Standards, and Consumer Directed Care principles.
The successful applicants will demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including, clients, carers, family members, staff and external stakeholders.
Support workers promote Omnicare’s mission and principles working within Omnicare’s Code of Conduct, and client’s support plan.
To be successful in this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet each of the essential criteria outlined.
- Certificate III in Individual support or related discipline (applicants with Cleaning Certificates will be considered)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW Driver’s license and reliable, comprehensively insured, vehicle.
- Cleared National Police Check and Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Commitment to Consumer Directed care and completing training in the WISER Approach in Community Care (within a reasonable timeframe).
- Physical capacity to perform manual handling tasks.
- Demonstrated experience of working with vulnerable people within the community using a person-centered approach.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to positively contribute within the team to create new ideas, systems, and relationships for the success of the company.
- Possess a smartphone or device suitable for community-based work.
Closing date: 16 August 2020
Omnicare is an EEO employer. Persons with lived experience of disability, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply. Omnicare offers flexible working conditions to enable work-life balance.
To apply for this position please view the position description and complete your application. Please complete the application form and submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to [email protected]
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may be excluded.